Terms & Conditions
All brands and names are trademarks of their respective companies. All prices are in Australian Dollars. All prices displayed are GST inclusive. Prices subject to change without notice. The product images used on our website are for illustration purposes only and may vary from the product description.
Returns, Refunds & Warranty Terms & Conditions
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
1. All product returns must be clearly addressed as follows:
Call 1300 90 91 44 to organise a return address.
2. Customers must first apply for a return authorisation (RA) number before returning any product. When returning a product, the RA number must be clearly visible outside the packaging. Products returned without an RA number will be rejected. Any returns outside of warranty claims, are subject to our prior approval.
3. You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with a product is major. Within ACCC guidelines for refunds the following factors will be taken into account to determine the refund value:
- how much time has passed since the product was purchased
- type of product
- how a consumer is likely to use the product
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
4. For non-faulty returns you can return a product for full refund or credit without incurring a restocking fee if:
- The product has not been opened
- The product is not a special order product (Product is not “order only” status and is stocked by IndusTec)
- The product is returned within 10 business days of purchase
All non-faulty returns not meeting the above criteria will be at IndusTec's discretion and if accepted will attract a restocking fee which is fixed at the lesser of price paid or current market value less 15%.
5. Returns of products that have been dropped/damaged/modified/tampered/manufacturer labels removed will not be accepted. Goods that have already been opened are subject to our testing and approval and may require additional time to process.
6. Advance replacement is only available for certain products where this is stated in the product description. Please contact us for instructions to be provided how to arrange this.
7. If products received are not as per your order, please inform IndusTec within 24 hours of receiving the delivery, do not open any packaging or use the products as it will be deemed as an acceptance of goods and will not be accepted for return. IndusTec may pack non retail boxed items using re-used packaging materials for added protection
8. There will be no credit or refund given on the price difference of the ordered items due to price drops once the product has been processed and shipped out. Prices of gadgets are volatile and we do not control the price fluctuations.
9. We do not accept any returns of any opened and used products that may breach the health & safety regulations such as headsets, ear pieces and headphones, unless the item is faulty.
10. IndusTec reserves the title of ownership for any extra or incorrect goods shipped as result of our error. We will arrange any extra shipments to recover these goods, and cover the cost in resolving this issue.
1. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement for a major failure of product. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
2. Upon IndusTec testing the products if the fault is determined as a major failure the customer can choose an identical replacement, or one of similar value if reasonably available
If the fault is determined as a minor failure IndusTec will choose to:
- repair the goods
- replace the goods
3. Some products provide a local or direct manufacturer to customer warranty service. It is the customer choice to either use these services or return the product back to IndusTec. We strongly encourage usage of these services as it generally provides faster turnaround times and may sometimes be an onsite service where the service is performed at the customer’s premises. Please read the manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions for the specific details.
4. Warranty is provided solely on products sold by IndusTec. Other faulty products used in conjunction that are not purchased from IndusTec will not be covered under warranty.
5. Any product sold by IndusTec is meant to be professionally installed; improper installation is NOT covered under warranty. Please seek or pay for a professional assistance if required, to avoid paying any unnecessary cost for replacement.
8. IndusTec does NOT cover any software installation issues e.g. drivers or system software updates for any computer or app on phone where IndusTec did not install the software originally.
9. IndusTec is not responsible for any data loss; backing up of data is the responsibility of the customer. IndusTec does not provide a backup or data recovery service when sending hard disks for warranty claims.
10. Warranty will be rejected for any non-manufacturing defects, if the item is found to be mishandled, modified, tampered, abused, physically damaged, improperly installed and used, or damaged caused by power surges, electrical faults and lightning strikes. Products returned that show evidence of user induced damage, over clocking, tampering or modification, will be denied.
11. Please provide original packaging if possible or adequate safe packaging as insufficient safe packaging will result in warranty being voided should any damage occur in transit.
12. A large percentage of warranty returns are tested to be without fault. In the event the product is not faulty, IndusTec reserves the right to charge a minimum service fee of $50 per product for time spent on testing the product. Any shipping or handling costs will also be chargeable to customer.
13. IndusTec will only be responsible for uncollected warranty products for a maximum period of 60 days. If the customer does not collect their goods within this time period IndusTec will dispose of the goods by following the disposing of uncollected goods policy of the Australian Consumer Law.
Warranty cover will not apply to:
1. Any product that has not been installed in accordance with the installation instruction supplied by the equipment manufacturer or damaged due to incorrect installation.
2. Any product that is repaired or altered by anyone other than authorised IndusTec service personnel where a product disassembled or repaired in such a manner that performance or functionality is affected.
3. Any product that fails or is damaged as a result of improper storage, operation under abnormal conditions misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, act of God or maladjustment of consumer controls. Short circuiting the equipment will be considered misuse and will cause the product not to be covered by the warranty.
5. Any defect or damage caused by or resulting from the connection or attachment to the product that has not been approved by the manufacturer for connection or attachment to the product.
6. Defects or damage due to spills of liquid or other substances (water damage, dust, cigarette), excessive temperature or humidity and environmental conditions.
7. Aesthetic or surface damage or scratches to all plastic surfaces and other external parts damaged due to normal customer use.
8. Any cost of hardware or software removal or reinstallation. Removal of parts from a system if it’s not bought as a system will attract labour charge.
9. Any product or part thereof which has suffered through alteration or defacement of the serial number or warranty seals as such where an unauthorised service personnel opening the product without permission from IndusTec.
indusTEC shall not be liable, in respect of any claim, whether contractual, tortuous, statutory or otherwise, for any loss, damage, costs, product failure, expenses or other injury or harm suffered by the buyer or any other person in relation to, or arising out of the Goods and/or Services by Us.
Due to the type of products we sell, where most require installation by a DIY person or professional, indusTEC is not liable for removal costs and re-installation costs for products that have failed and are required to be fixed or replaced. It is at the buyers cost to have the item removed and made available back to us for repair or replacement. - see Delivery / Shipping / Returns on your rights under Australian Consumer Law.
NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
indusTEC makes no representations or warranties that Products we sell are free of defects, viruses or other harmful components. We shall not be responsible for any damages or loss that may result from the hacking or infiltration of this website or indusTEC’s computer systems. YOU USE THE PRODUCTS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU HAVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADEQUATE PROTECTION AND BACKUP OF DATA AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT, AND YOU AGREE TO HOLD indusTEC HARMLESS FROM, AND YOU COVENANT NOT TO SUE US FOR, ANY CLAIMS BASED ON YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR LOST DATA OR CONTENT OR PROPERTY OR GOODS, WORK DELAYS OR LOST PROFITS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCTS.